Laziness: Behold a Pale Horse pp. 333-337

No more Protocol numbers.

We leave Cooper’s inclusion of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion for new writing. This chapter is titled “The Story of Jonathan May,” and I assumed that it would be Cooper reporting some conspiracy about this person. However, it’s not that at all: it’s a letter from May to Cooper. Rather, it’s a letter that May sent to five members of congress pleading his case. This is a 26-page long letter, and I almost feel bad for the congressional aide that had to read it, though it must have made for a good discussion over drinks.

How Cooper acquired the letter is never explained. I don’t know if he was also sent a copy. My first complaint is that this is 26 pages long. I read, I read a lot. At my side gig I am known for the fact that on long breaks I sometimes have a book. My complaint isn’t the length because it’s too long for me to read. My complaint is that I want to read Cooper’s book, not an anthology of weird conspiracy documents he found on a BBS service back in the early 90s. Roughly half of this book has not been his writing, only seven of the chapters we’ve covered thus far can be said to be his (I’m counting his transcript of the interview in chapter 11. But Cooper has kind of spaced it out, and after the lengthy last chapter this is just lazy.

At least we get some kind of introduction, “Jonathan May attempted to free u from the shackles of the Federal Reserve by creating an alternate banking system with instruments backed by land, raw materials, mineral deposits, oil, coal, timber, and other wilderness holdings.”

Ok, so this is going to be an anti-Federal Reserve screed probably wrapped up in some sovereign citizen claims. I’m not against this kind of writing (I am, but I read it), it’s just that I want Cooper’s words not this May guy. At least it’s not a reprint of a very long law that Cooper doesn’t understand or a bill that never passed. Cooper explains that May, along with Texas governor John Connolly and the Hunt brothers (Nelson, William, and Lamar) attempted to corner the silver market and the world bankers realized this and destroyed them.

I vaguely remember this attempt at cornering the silver market from an economics class I took in high school. A few people tried to buy up silver and when people complained the government fixed the issue. The Hunts lost a bunch of money, but like all billionaires they don’t go broke like the rest of us. They weren’t “destroyed.” There is also no evidence that Governor Connolly was involved in this scheme. I am assuming that May/Cooper means the Connolly that was shot along with JFK in Dallas; and if they are using a different Connolly I have no idea.

There is also no reason to think that an investment in silver would destroy the Federal Reserve System. Cooper’s introduction betrays the fact that he doesn’t understand what the Federal Reserve actually does. The dollar’s value is based on not just the things that Cooper mentioned, but also the work capacity of the people living in the country—it’s the entirety of the economic output of the country. The reason you can’t have an alternative currency in the US is the domain of the Secret Service or the US Treasury department not the Federal Reserve.

Cooper wraps up his introduction to the chapter claiming that the Fed, then stole his idea (hoarding silver or the thing they already do?) and will use it as the banking system for the New World Order.

On to the letter:

The letter begins with May introducing himself. He’s apparently an heir to a wealthy family in England. His father was a businessman (doesn’t specify which kind). He brags that he was expelled from a private school at 16, and ran some successful brokerage businesses. By the age of 20 he was very successful and set up several methods of tax sheltering from the UK government for his and his colleague’s income. He is a tax cheat (I feel that this is going to be important later).

At age 20, in my twenty-first year, numerous old documents - family heirlooms from my mother’s side of the family - were given to me as its last remaining male heir.”

Just say “20” don’t make it weird.

One of these documents dates 1647 was signed and sealed by “Charles Stuart Rex of England, France, and Ireland King.” This would be Charles I, who is going to be executed two years after signing this document ushering in the English Civil War and the writing of Thomas Hobbes Leviathan. This document apparently sets up a trust from the King to some distant ancestor of May’s. May hires some lawyers and forms 4000 different subsidiaries to handle it. So far, we’ve got a very strange scheme but it seems like a case of “this old document doesn’t mean what May thinks it means.” Further the document is signed by the king in 1647. In 1649, the king is executed and the UK is established as a republic until Charles II comes back and reestablished the monarchy. I don’t know how English law worked back then, but I doubt that the original agreement still held given the civil war that follows. Perhaps there was a reconcilliation period; but this is a bit out of my depth and I’m no delving too far into it.

Which is fortunate because I thought that this letter was going in one direction but then it veers into another. During the conduction of this business, he discovers “that a minute cartel controlled all banking policies worldwide, and that the provision or non-provision of ‘money’ was all-controlling.”

We’ll come to his discovery in more detail (maybe?) next post. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trois: The Protocols of the Elders of Zion as Presented in Behold a Pale Horse pp. 314-316

Seriously?!: None Dare...pp 69-71

Goal Post Shifting